Friday, April 26, 2024

I have a couple of callings--Ward Temple and Family History Consultant (I remember this long name by thinking, WTF History Consultant), and Stake Temple and Family History Consultant, working weekly at the Family Search Center in Bellingham.

I thought I'd post videos on the Ward's Relief Society page, and so I made up the above video to introduce the idea of the Fan Chart (a very useful way to look at your family lines). I was so proud of myself! First time making a video...

That went well, but I realized that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has got a TON of videos explaining how to use the FamilySearch and FamilyTree programs/apps and my little offerings were probably not needed. It reminded me of the experience recorded by the prophet Jarom in the Book of Mormon:

(Jarom 1:2) ...but I shall not write the things of my prophesying, nor of my revelations. For what could I write more than my fathers have written? For have not they revealed the plan of salvation? I say unto you, Yea; and this sufficeth me.
 

No comments: