Thursday, April 25, 2024

Don't Go Home Without It

 

He Is Risen!

Just a thought... I feel that it is just fine to depict Jesus Christ as someone approachable, someone you might meet on the street. I'll post more Jesus pictures as I make them.

I am grateful for modern conveniences! Like computers and cellphones that take better pictures than any ol' camera! So I can do this blog.

I am grateful that I have a Temple Recommend--it's like my passport to the Celestial Kingdom. Some Saints herniate about whether they are good enough, they know mentally God has forgiven them for their sins but they continue to berate themselves for the same sins, worry about their Spiritual Performance, and if God REALLY will let them into heaven and give them a big hug when they get there. I was one of these, so I can yak about it.

Basically, it finally dawned on me that if I'm good enough to have a Temple Recommend, I'm good enough for the Celestial kingdom. Even if I like to eat sugar too much. Even if I sometimes don't want to give a talk in church. Even if... you get the idea?

There was a TV ad a long time ago for American Express credit cards, this guy held his hand out with his card and smiled and said, "don't leave home without it." Kind of a meh commercial, but the tagline stuck with me. I'd redo that as, here's this angel, holding a temple recommend, and saying, "don't go home without it."

No comments: