Monday, July 1, 2024

The Good Shepherd

 



















Hi, I thought I'd share here that I was walking this evening, and I could faintly smell that seaweed scent of the ocean on the breeze. Somehow--perhaps because I grew up in La Jolla--I felt very comfortable living here, not anxious anymore about Alex's Mom dying and then what would we do and where would we go, Cedar City or where? Rent or buy?

I felt at home. I felt that I didn't actually have to face packing and moving. We could simply use this place as our base camp for the remainder of our lives, taking time off for missions, or travels, or renting in faraway places for awhile. Just locking up here and going. All my painting stuff could stay here. Kitchen stuff. Etc., etc.

I didn't get to that feeling by thought, it simply came unbidden, as a gift. I do think that smells from our childhood are really hardwired. But, whatever, I am feeling comfortable and calm being here, and I thank my God for this peace.

No comments: